The 12th CIRP Research Affiliate Workshop will be held online on July 6th and 7th afternoons (UTC+2). Indeed, due to the worldwide pandemic, this year’s RA Workshop, initially planned in Toulon in the south of France, will be organised for the first time as an e-Workshop. We hope that the online format will allow a large participation to this event with lots of fruitful discussions.
Attendance free of charge for RAs
Contact: sebastien.campocasso ‘at’ univ-tln.fr
During the opening session, the host institution will be presented, followed by a presentation of the French academic network S-mart.
- Prof. Vincent Hugel, University of Toulon, France. Welcome & Presentation of the host institution.
- Prof. Lionel Roucoules, Arts et Metiers, France. Presentation of the French network “S-mart”.
Short presentations from all the attendees.
Thematic session: “How to contribute to environmentally sustainable global economic growth?”
During this session, invited experts will present the main challenges related to the environmental impact of production engineering. Then, the idea will be to mainly focus the discussions on the actions that could be undertaken to evaluate the “sustainability” in the research fields of the participants, on the basis of their answers to the upstream questionnaire.
- Prof. Peggy Zwolinski, Univ. Grenoble Alpes, France. Environmental impacts of products and processes: A topic to be tackled from a design but also research perspective.
- Prof. Karel Kellens, KU Leuven, Belgium. The sustainability puzzle for Additive Manufacturing.
- Prof. Sebastian Thiede, University of Twente, Netherlands. Digital methods and tools towards sustainable manufacturing systems.
Industrial session: Presentation of CNIM Group
During this presentation, an overview of the activities of the company CNIM located in La Seyne-sur-Mer (near Toulon) – whose visit was planned initially – will be proposed.
- Mr. Alain Guinot, CNIM Group, France.
Scientific session: Additive manufacturing at COSMER laboratory
In order to replace the visit of the facilities of the host laboratory, these presentations will give an overview of the research projects conducted at COSMER laboratory.
- Dr. Myriam Orquéra, University of Toulon, France. DfAM: A global methodology for a mechanical product.
- Dr. Sébastien Campocasso, University of Toulon, France. Robot-based additive manufacturing activities.