E-mail: juliette-drupt at etud.univ-tln.fr
I recently graduated from the Ecole de Mines de Saint-Etienne that ended with a one-year specialization in robotics at the ENSTA Paris. I am now starting a PhD at the University of Toulon, in the field of underwater robotics.
Subject of the thesis:
Thesis director: Vincent HUGEL
Co-Supervisor: Claire DUNE
Co-Supervisor: Andrew COMPORT
In the context of underwater exploration of shallow waters, equipment such as ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicles) or other robots are used. This underwater equipment requires the use of an umbilical that connects it to a surface control station. If passive, this link can be a barrier to mobility by involving an energy-intensive drag force, undesirable mechanical actions on the robot, risks of attachment to the marine environment and the creation of knots.
The objective of this thesis is to contribute to the management of subsea umbilicals by designing an intelligent umbilical system that can not only limit its undesirable effects on ROV navigation, but also be active and allow new piloting strategies to be implemented throughout the system.
The targeted application focuses on the case of an umbilical linking a surface drone and an ROV for a shallow observation and measurement mission near the coast. The entire system, which will be subject to marine currents, will have to operate in an environment of variable depth and possibly constrained by the presence of underwater topography, fauna and flora..
The impact on the marine environment will be taken into account throughout the design of this system.
- 2020-2023: Introduction to Python programming: 24h of practical work in L1 Math, Physique-Chimie and Sciences pour l’Ingénieur (SI), UFR Sciences – Université de Toulon
- 2020-2023: Linear Automatics: 24h of practical work in 1st year of engineering school (L3), SEATECH – Université de Toulon
- 2021-2023: Visual SLAM: 9h of practical work in M2 Robotics and Connected Objects (ROC), UFR Sciences – Université de Toulon
- 2022-2023: Introduction to research: 1h of CM in M2 Computer Science, UFR Sciences – Université de Toulon
- 2022-2023: 3rd year SEATECH (M2), Mechatronics and Robotics Systems, Estimation of the orientation of an underwater umbilical using inertial sensors, 50% co-supervision with Claire Dune, COSMER
- 2021-2022: M1 Robotics and Connected Objects, Particle filtering for umbilical detection and tracking in embedded images for robotics-submarine, co-supervision 80% with Claire Dune, COSMER
- 2021-2022 : L2 renforcé Sciences pour l’Ingénieur, Visual perception in an underwater environment, supervision 100%.
- 2020-2021: 2nd year SEATECH (M1), Mechatronics and Robotics Systems, Calibration method for Mini-ROV thrusters, 50% co-supervision with Claire Dune, COSMER
- 2021-2022 : Ahmed HARBI and Abdelrhman BASSIOUNY, M1 Erasmus Mundus Marine and Maritime Intelligent Robotics, “Evaluation expérimentale de SLAM visuels-inertiels en bassin”, 30% co-supervision with Maxime Ferrera, IFREMER and Claire Dune COSMER
- Nom : Juliette Drupt
- IdHAL : juliette-drupt
- ORCID : 0000-0003-3311-7742 ,
Year of production
- Juliette Drupt, Claire Dune, Andrew I. Comport, Vincent Hugel. Qualitative evaluation of state-of-the-art DSO and ORB-SLAM-based monocular visual SLAM algorithms for underwater applications. OCEANS 2023, University of Limerick, Jun 2023, Limerick, France. ⟨hal-04116537⟩
- Juliette DRUPT, Claire Dune, Andrew I Comport, Vincent Hugel. Estimation de forme de câble pesant pour la localisation de robots sous-marins encordés : comparaison d'une approche visuelle à une nouvelle approche inertielle. ORASIS, Thanh Phuong Nguyen, May 2023, Carqueiranne, France. ⟨hal-04108624⟩
- Juliette Drupt, Claire Dune, Andrew I. Comport, Sabine Sellier, Vincent Hugel. Inertial-Measurement-Based Catenary Shape Estimation of Underwater Cables for Tethered Robots. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Oct 2022, Kyoto, Japan. ⟨hal-03841236⟩
- Juliette Drupt, Claire Dune, Andrew I. Comport, Vincent Hugel. Validity of the catenary model for moving submarine cables with negative buoyancy. 3rd workshop on RObotic MAnipulation of Deformable Objects: challenges in perception, planning and control for Soft Interaction (ROMADO-SI),, Oct 2022, Kyoto, Japan. ⟨hal-03841238⟩
Preprints, Working Papers
- Christophe Viel, Juliette Drupt, Claire Dune, Vincent Hugel. ROV localization based on umbilical angle measurement. 2022. ⟨hal-03875151v2⟩