Assistant-Professor, 61th CNU section
mail : claire.dune @ univ-tln.fr
I graduated from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Physique de Strasbourg (with major in automatic and computer vision), in 2005. I obtained my Master Degree in photonics, image and cybernetics the same year. I did my final internship at the Intelligent System Laboratory of SIEMENS, in Munich, on the development of an active vision system for object recognition in service robotics. In 2009, I defended my thesis on an object capture tool for assistive robotics, under the supervision of Eric Marchand, Professor at the University of Rennes 1 and in collaboration with the CEA LIST teams. I was then a post-doctoral fellow in the CNRS Joint Robotic Laboratory team at AIST, Tsukuba Japan (Japan Society for Promotion of Science). My research focused on the visual servoing of a humanoid robot’s walk.
Since 2010, I have been a lecturer at the University of Toulon. Between 2010 and 2014, I worked on the transverse project INRIA Personnaly Assisted Living (PAL) in association with the HANDIBIO biomechanical laboratory and the HEPHAISTOS team at INRIA in Sophia Antipolis. The objective was to develop a walking analysis tool integrated into a walker.
In January 2015, I joined the COSMER laboratory where my research focuses on sensor-based control for underwater robotics.
My research theme is sensor referenced control for robotics.
The development of robotic autonomy in a real environment requires systems to be equipped with means of perception and analysis to enable them to dynamically correct errors in their internal modelling and react adequately and dynamically to changes in their external environment.
- Bilal Ghader, since 2020 (co-advised with Jérémy Nicola, under the supervision of Eric Watelain and Vincent Hugel)
- Clementin Boittiaux, since 2020 (co-advised with Aurélien Arnaubec and Ricard Marxer, under the direction of Vincent Hugel)
- Juliette Drupt, since 2020 (co-advised with Andrew Comport, under the direction of Vincent Hugel)
- Matheus Laranjeira-Moreira, 2016-2019 (under the direction of Vincent Hugel)
- Member of the Department Committee, Métiers du Multimédia et de l’Internet od the IUT of Toulon (2013-2018)
- Member of the Committee for Education and University Life of University of Toulon(2015-2019)
- Member of the Academic Council of the University of Toulon (2015-2019)
- Member of the Restricted Academic Council of the University of Toulon(2015-2019)
Année de production
Équipes de recherche
Articles dans une revue
- Clémentin Boittiaux, Ricard Marxer, Claire Dune, Aurélien Arnaubec, Vincent Hugel. Homography-Based Loss Function for Camera Pose Regression. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, IEEE In press, 7 (3), pp.6242-6249. ⟨10.1109/LRA.2022.3168329⟩. ⟨hal-03654445⟩
- Jihong Zhu, Andrea Cherubini, Claire Dune, David Navarro-Alarcon, Farshid Alambeigi, et al.. Challenges and Outlook in Robotic Manipulation of Deformable Objects. IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, In press, pp.2-12. ⟨10.1109/MRA.2022.3147415⟩. ⟨hal-03483491⟩
- Matheus Laranjeira, Aurélien Arnaubec, Lorenzo Brignone, Claire Dune, Jan Opderbecke. 3D Perception and Augmented Reality Developments in Underwater Robotics for Ocean Sciences. Current Robotics Reports, 2020, 1 (3), pp.123-130. ⟨10.1007/s43154-020-00014-5⟩. ⟨hal-02980249⟩
- Matheus Laranjeira, Claire Dune, Vincent Hugel. Catenary-based visual servoing for tether shape control between underwater vehicles. Ocean Engineering, Elsevier, 2020, 200, pp.107018. ⟨10.1016/j.oceaneng.2020.107018⟩. ⟨hal-02477150⟩
- Mauricio Garcia, Olivier Stasse, Jean-Bernard Hayet, Claire Dune, Claudia Esteves, et al.. Vision-guided motion primitives for humanoid reactive walking: decoupled vs. coupled approaches. The International Journal of Robotics Research, SAGE Publications, 2014, 34 (4-5), pp.402-419. ⟨10.1177/0278364914550891⟩. ⟨hal-01113499⟩
Communications dans un congrès
- Bilal Ghader, Claire Dune, Eric Watelain, Vincent Hugel. Deep Learning for Underwater Gesture Identification From Airbone Training. ACAPS, Oct 2021, Montpellier, France. ⟨hal-03274321⟩
- Matheus Laranjeira, Claire Dune, Vincent Hugel. Embedded Visual Detection and Shape Identification of Underwater Umbilical for Vehicle Positioning. OCEANS 2019 - Marseille, Jun 2019, Marseille, France. pp.1-9, ⟨10.1109/OCEANSE.2019.8867548⟩. ⟨hal-02350067⟩
- Matheus Laranjeira, Claire Dune, Vincent Hugel. Catenary-based visual servoing for tethered robots . IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), May 2017, Singapour, France. ⟨hal-01657118⟩
- Nicolas Cazy, Claire Dune, Pierre-Brice Wieber, Paolo Robuffo Giordano, François Chaumette. Pose Error Correction For Visual Features Prediction. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS'14, Sep 2014, Chicago, United States. pp.791-796, ⟨10.1109/IROS.2014.6942649⟩. ⟨hal-01010772⟩
- Ting Wang, Claire Dune, Jean-Pierre Merlet, Philippe Gorce, Guillaume Sacco, et al.. A new application of smart walker for quantitative analysis of human walking. The Second Workshop on Assistive Computer Vision and Robotics (ACVR'14), Sep 2014, zuric, Switzerland. ⟨hal-01092987⟩
- Cyril Joly, Claire Dune, Philippe Gorce, Patrick Rives. Feet and legs tracking using a smart rollator equipped with a Kinect. Workshop on "Assistance and Service Robotics in a Human Environment" in conjonction with IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Int. Rob. and Sys. (IROS), Nov 2013, Tokyo, Japan. ⟨hal-00921273⟩
- Claire Dune, P Gorce, Jean-Pierre Merlet. Can smart rollators be used for gait monitoring and fall prevention?. IROS 2012 - IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Oct 2012, Vilamoura, Portugal. pp.1-6. ⟨hal-01723818⟩
- Claire Dune, Andrei Herdt, Eric Marchand, Olivier Stasse, Pierre-Brice Wieber, et al.. Vision based control for Humanoid robots. IROS Workshop on Visual Control of Mobile Robots (ViCoMoR), Sep 2011, San Francisco, USA, United States. pp.19-26. ⟨hal-00639681⟩
- Claire Dune, Andrei Herdt, Olivier Stasse, Pierre-Brice Wieber, Kazuhito Yokoi, et al.. Cancelling the sway motion of dynamic walking in visual servoing. IROS 2010 - IEEE-RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots & Systems, Oct 2010, Taipei, Taiwan. pp.3175-3180, ⟨10.1109/IROS.2010.5649126⟩. ⟨inria-00567664⟩
- Claire Dune, Eric Marchand, Cédric Leroux. One Click Focus with Eye-in-hand/Eye-to-hand Cooperation. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Apr 2007, Roma, Italia, Italy. pp.2471-2476. ⟨inria-00160956⟩
- Jihong Zhu, Claire Dune, Andrea Cherubini, David Navarro-Alarcon. IEEE IROS Workshop on Managing deformation: A step towards higher robot autonomy. 2020. ⟨hal-02980281⟩
- Claire Dune. Localisation et caractérisation d'objets inconnus à partir d'informations visuelles : vers une saisie intuitive pour les personnes en situation de handicap. Robotique [cs.RO]. Université Rennes 1, 2009. Français. ⟨tel-00844919⟩
IUT Department of Métiers du Multimédia et de l’Internet
- Object Oriented programming (basic concepts),
- Image processing,
- Introduction to LaTeX for scientific writing
- Collaborative projects: Version tracking under GIT
- Creation of a research website (HTML/CSS databases, implementation of a CMS)
- 2010-2011 Responsible for schedules in MMI department
- 2011-2014 Head of tutored projects in MMI department
- 2014-2015 Director of Studies for the Licence Pro ‘production and autonomous audiovisual broadcasting’
- 2016-2018 Pedagogical manager for the MMI work-linked training.
- 2018-2019 Research and thematic reconversion leave.