Vice-director of COSMER Lab
Full professor, section 60
Phone : 04 83 16 66 17
E-mail : dominique.millet at univ-tln.fr
- Since Sept 2015: Vice director SEATECH in charge of industrial relations, Vice-director of COSMER Lab EA 7398, beneficiary of PEDR/PES grant since 2006.
- Since Sept 2014: Full professor at SEATECH/University of Toulon, leading to the following missions : Head of IMécaD department, member of Seatech council board.
- From 2004 to 2014 : Full professor at SUPMECA Toulon (Mechanical Structures and Materials Engineering Laboratory, EA 2336, in Toulon)
- 2003 : Authorization to conduct research, entitled « Analysis of the phenomenon of integrating new dimensions into design to foster a dynamic of innovation in companies: Application to the environmental dimension », defended on March 11, 2003 at the Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
- From 1996 to 2004 : Research engineer at ENSAMM Paris ; coordinator of the DEA in Product Design and Innovation
- 1995 : Doctoral thesis in industrial engineering, entitled “Taking the environment into account in design: proposal for a design assistance approach to limit the punctures and releases generated by a product over its life cycle”, defended on Sept 15, 1995 at ENSAM
Our research aims to develop new environmental tools (analysis tool, improvement tool or optimization tool) that improve the environmental performance of products designed by the design team (in terms of materials and energies consumed and pollution emitted) as well as the approaches that “insert” these tools into collective design practices; this research is divided into three axes :
Methods of environmental analysis and optimization – Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
Environmental improvement methods: design tools for disassembly, recycling or reuse (Design for Recycling, Design for Remanufacturing, Design for Disassembly)
Development of specific integration approaches for environmental aspects in design.
- Alexandre Popoff (2014-2017) – Method for eco-optimization of mechanical systems based on a combination CSP/QFD/ACV.
- Myriam Orquera (2015-2018) – co-supervision with Sébastien Campocasso (50%), Environmental optimization of a system resulting from additive manufacturing; Towards taking into account the “specific constraints” functions at the earlier stage for downsizing
- Julien Fremiot (2016-2019) – co-supervision with Pascale Azou-Briard, Environmental performance simulator for a complex system: application to a high-capacity thermal energy storage system
Collective and administrative responsibilities
- President of EcoSD
- Vice-director, Seatech, in charge of industrial relations
- Head of ImecaD programme